If you’re looking for an eco-friendly type of flooring, have you considered bamboo? It is considered to be a sustainable flooring choice because just 16% to 20% of each bamboo crop is harvested at a time. This leaves over 80% of the remaining bamboo forest intact. Furthermore, since it grows much faster than other types of potential flooring materials, it is more readily available and easily replenished.
Janka Ratings for Bamboo and Other Flooring Materials
Bamboo flooring has a higher Janka, or hardness, rating than other types of flooring materials. This means that it can withstand more activity within your home, such as foot traffic and furniture rearranging, without being susceptible to denting.
While Carbonized Solid Strand Bamboo has an average Janka hardness rating of 3 Continue reading “Premium Strand Bamboo Flooring An Eco-Friendly Choice for Every Room in Your House”