A new landscaping season has brought in some fun and functional new contemporary landscape designs this year. If you are thinking about revamping your back, front, or even side yard appearance this summer, it is best to call a landscaping company to ensure your dream yard turns out exactly the way you want it.
Why a Professional Landscaping Company? Professional landscapers help homeowners achieve a well thought out, aesthetically pleasing, and functional landscape design; they make sure you are completely satisfied with the results so you can enjoy every part of your property. They will help you choose the location of patios, decks, fences, and even flower beds to maximize your yard’s potential while also reducing energy costs and increasing your home value.
Here is a helpful list of five contemporary landscaping designs to get those creative ideas to flower: Keep in mind that contemporary designs deviate from the norm. They are refreshingly geometric, with clean lines and open spaces. Overgrown, or “wild,” areas are also welcome to the design scheme.
- Grass Tile. This luxurious looking design doesn’t have to just be for those celebrities. Mix hardscaping with landscaping to create an interesting layout of squares or rectangles.
- Borders. Landscape services will suggest where to put your flora and fauna to make your space look bigger. Some homes feature a gravel “lawn” and then use flowerbeds and shrubs to create a border — opposite of traditional design.
- Pots and Planters. It is all about the pots and planters this year, as you may have noticed people hanging stacked pots overflowing with flowers or grasses. Metallic colors, cobalt blue, and lime green are all the rage.
- Outdoor seating. Fire pits with built in benches and strategically placed chairs and couches in the outdoor kitchen are a big added bonus to have in the yard. They need to be durable, yet comfortable. If you want a patio, you should highly consider adding a few plush chairs for a contemporary feel.
- Retaining walls. Hiring a landscaping company to create a retaining wall design can be a great addition to your contemporary space. Many homeowners will add succulents to their retaining wall, or construct it out of different materials (wood and concrete are a great combination). Retaining walls can also help protect your house if you have a tree standing too close.
There are roughly 888,426 people employed in the landscaping industry, and every one of them has the goal of creating a beautiful and function outdoor space for your and your family. Take the plunge and go for a stylish contemporary look at the hands of these professionals.