The furnace is like the heart of any home. Properly caring for your furnace can insure years of heat during the winter and cool air during the summer. Do you know the steps to take to properly maintain and repair your family heating and cooling unit?
With proper maintenance and care, an HVAC unit can last anywhere between12 to 15 years:
- HVAC air filters should be changed at least once every three months to avoid costly damage and repairs.
- By having a properly ventilated attic you can reduce your energy costs by 10-12%.
- ensure that there is at least two feet of clearance around outdoor air conditioning units as well as heat pumps.
- By using ceiling fans, whole house fans, and box fans you can circulate the cool air quicker and help out your air conditioning unit.
- Never close more than 20% of your home’s registers to avoid placing unnecessary strain on your HVAC unit.
Currently the United States HVAC industry is worth an estimated $71 billion dollars and is still growing. From 2009 to 2014, industry grew by about 4.1%. The HVAC industry also means jobs for Americans, the industry employs an estimated 301,123 people. Currently there are an estimated 85,469 HVAC businesses located in the United States.
When to Look for a Local Furnace Repair Company
Do you have these questions about your HVAC system?
Why is my air conditioner frozen?
Why is my furnace filter wet?
Why is my furnace not lighting?
These are some of the common questions regarding HVAC units. Sometimes these issues can be easily resolved with a quick inspection, for example if your air conditioner is frozen your filter might need replacing. If your furnace is leaking water it may be condensation. If your furnace won’t light check your circuit breaker to see if you blew a fuse. If these basic troubleshooting measure don’t help you pin point the source of the problem don’t hesitate to contact a professional. Furnace repair costs can be steep but they are necessary. By researching local furnace repair companies in your are you can save a great deal of money and not to mention stress Get more here.