Many Americans these days have decided to flock to the city in search of better opportunities. Whether it be for seeking a relationship, a new job, or a change of scenery, city living is truly a great experience.
City living doesn’t necessarily have to mean luxury living (although this is a nice perk), and many residents of big name cities end up renting instead of purchasing a home. Living in a loft can be one of the most cost efficient economical decisions of your life, and here’s why:
- If you own a home, your mortgage may remain the same, but maintenance costs, insurance and property taxes can go up significantly every year.
- If you own a home and opted for an adjustable-rate mortgage, that payment itself can increase over time.
- Homeowners generally receive no annual tax benefits from owning a house.
Instead, looking to rent luxury studio apartments can offer the same amenities of owning a luxury home without the added costs of maintenance and repairs.
So now that you’ve decided that renting is better than owning — and roughly 35% of Americas rent their living space — what makes city living so appealing to the masses? Here are five reasons to live in a big city.
- Easy Access. By traveling ten minutes in any direction, you will be sure to come across shopping stores, your office, and entertainment and night life. You will find you may not even need a car to get around because most cities are pedestrian friendly.
- Social Possibilities. Because cities are obviously full of people, you can’t help but meet at least some of them. Many people love city living because it’s a chance to mingle with others. You will meet people from all over the world and who come from various backgrounds.
- Affordable Transport. Most major cities anywhere in the world have some sort of transit system — whether it be buses, a subway system, taxis, or even boats, you are guaranteed to find some cheaper way to get around than driving your own car.
- Entertainment. If you are big on site-seeing, night life, of festivals, city living is perfect for you. There will often be too many choices for entertainment to choose form in a large city. Museums, theaters, concert halls…
- New Connections. Establishing a new network of friends will help you in the future. You have the option to finally broaden your professional contacts as well as friend groups. Don’t be surprised if you end up finding a significant other who shares the same zeal for living in a big city as you!
center city apartments