Are you thinking of getting a fence from your backyard? There are many options available to you. The right fence for your yard, however, will depend on what you need. Are you trying to keep children in, or improve your overall landscaping appearance? Or both?
The U.S. fencing industry might be worth $51 billion annually, but you don’t want to spend thousands of dollars on a fence that ends up being fairly useless, or too much work for your lifestyle. Here are a few things you should keep in mind about various wood fence designs.
- Looking for a way to keep prying eyes out, or simply want to relax without having to watch your neighbors garden? You’re going to want a fence without any gaps. One option is the vinyl fence, which can be a nice, low-maintenance option.
- Wood fences are also very popular, especially because they blend well with existing architecture. However, they also need to be stained or re-painted every few years, making them a slightly higher-maintenance option.
- Alternatively: if you want privacy but also want to preserve the view out of your yard, consider getting a more open fence, while adding something that allows a more intimate setting, like a gazebo.
Fences That Protect
- For various reasons, many people are looking for a fence that keeps them feeling secure. Chain link fences aren’t always the most eye-pleasing option, but they are great for security and longevity.
- Wood fences are, again, a decent option for keeping children and pets in, and intruders out. They are also a viable option for pool fencing, which has unique safety concerns.
- If you’re looking for a pool fence, make sure any fence you choose complies with local ordinances. Ask your fencing company if you’re not entirely positive.
Are there wood fence designs that you find appealing? Let us know in the comments.